Holding of the FY2021 1st online meeting relating to energy conservation support with Malaysia on Oct. 2021
Under the instruction and financial support of the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, the Energy Conservation Center, Japan (ECCJ) has been developing a bilateral energy conservation cooperation project with Malaysia which continued in FY2021. Due to the conditions resulting from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic which made it difficult to dispatch experts to Malaysia or conduct invited training in Japan, it was determined that the energy conservation practical training in November and heat-related lectures and training in December will be held online. The 1st Online Meeting of FY2021 was held on October 22, 2021 together with ECCJ’s counterpart organizations in Malaysia including the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources. The meeting mainly consisted of discussions to prepare for the two training sessions.
(1) Malaysian side: Total of 6 persons, comprising 2 persons from the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (MENR), 2 persons from the Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) and 2 persons from the Energy Commission (EC)
(2) Japanese side: 6 persons from the International Cooperation Division, ECCJ
2. Overview of the confirmation and discussion results:
Although the holding of the meeting was greatly delayed due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was possible to hold the inception meeting for the current fiscal year in an online format. The main items confirmed and agreed were as follows.
(1) Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act (EECA) approval situation: A draft of the act was submitted to the Attorney General Chamber in August, and related questions are currently being answered. It is planned to submit the proposed act to the parliament in 2022.
(2) BECMY8 Part 1 Workshop: This online energy conservation practical training is planned to be held during the two-day period of November 24 and 25, 2021. Agreement was reached regarding the policies for holding the workshop, which will consist of introducing the training facilities and details from Nippon Steel Technology Co., Ltd. and TLV Co., Ltd.
(3) BECMY8 Part 2 Workshop: Agreement was reached regarding the policies for the online heat technology training, which will be held on the four days comprising December 3, 10, 17 and 24 (every Friday).
(4) Confirmation was made of the consideration details relating to the new Type 2 Energy Manager Training Course, which targets heat energy conservation.